One of the tell-tale markers of a person’s age is to look at her hands, which is considered to be like our second face.
In order to avoid infectious outbreaks, hand washing and the use of hand sanitizers are useful. With the global pandemic situation, frequent and prolonged sanitizing and hand washing has thus become a necessity, which may inevitably result in:
- Aging and wrinkly hands
- Dry and flaky skin
- Irritated, red and inflamed skin
- Contact dermatitis
We would like to share 5 secrets for you to maintain young, beautiful hands, even during this period of time.
Secret #1 Regular Hand Stretches
Your hands work hard for you and may hold plenty of tension. Relax them by gently stretching them at least twice every day:
- Make a fist by wrapping your thumb across your fingers and hold tightly for 30 seconds
- Release and spread your fingers wide for 15 seconds
- Repeat with both hands at least 4 times
Secret #2 DIY Hand Massage
Your hands contain many acupressure points. Massaging these points benefits not only your hands but also your overall health!
- With moderate pressure, press your palm in circular motion from your elbow to your wrist along your forearm. Do this at least three times on both sides of your forearm.
- Loosen your hands by shaking them and wiggling your fingers about.
- Starting from your wrist, move your thumb along the edge of your palm in a clockwise motion, followed by moving upwards at the centre of your palm. Repeat twice.
- Use your thumb and forefinger to press and apply pressure in a circular motion to the webbed area between your thumb and index finger for 30 seconds.
Secret #3 Exfoliate your hands
As the skin on our palms works the hardest for us, it is thicker than the skin on other parts of our bodies. It is also the area where calluses tend to build up. To keep your palms soft and smooth, treat them to gentle scrubs every now and then. We recommend treating your hand to an exfoliation every 2 weeks.
Secret #4 Wear protective gloves
This may take some to get used to but wearing protective gloves is essential when you are washing the dishes or doing any household chores that will cause your hands to come into contact with detergents.
Detergents are very effective for removing household grime and grease; however, they are extremely harsh on our skin. So wearing protective gloves is a must!
Secret #5 Use aspurely’s Recovery & Anti-Viral Hand Cream
Apply a good hand cream regularly. The aspurely’s Recovery & Anti-Viral Hand Cream is great for restoring your hands’ beauty and smoothness and helps to soothe and calm stressed, irritated skin. All these while protecting your hands against viruses and bacteria! It is the World’s 1st Antiviral Sanitizing Hand Cream with no alcohol or harsh chemicals.